164 sunroof

The seal around the factory sunroof has split and I need to replace it.
While I have not yet tried Alfa in Australia the couple of sunroof
installers I have tried have warned that the seal may be both difficult to
locate and expensive. It has been suggested that the BMW seal is identical
and may be cheaper.

Does anyone have experience with replacement of the seal? Are there non
original options and how does one go about replace it?

Thanks

Doug Gould
91 164L