Re: shifting gears

Tom can disagree with me any time he wants, but it's not fair.  ;=) He
builds these things all the time.  He can build them as light as he
wants and to last as long as he wants.  I wouldn't exactly say the
tranny in my '62 Spider has led a sheltered life.  I may not drive it as
much as my GTV, but the '62 is an autocross car.  Doesn't upshifting at
8000 RPM without lifting off the gas require a rev limiter?  Didn't you
and Mike tear up a motor doing that?  "My dad was driving the car when
the motor died, honest."  ;=)  Even shifting at 7000, that car still
sounds wild.

If you can extract more out of a car in terms of reliability and/or power
than it was ever intended to get, and back it up on the track, you don't
need any directions.  Different audience.

I'm still waiting for the box in my GTV to die. Put me on the list for
one of those wallet-lighteners...