Re: Milano Vs. 164

From: Lgowin@domain.elided writes...

>I'm curious why I didn't receive more suggestions for the 164.  I've
heard
>good things about them, and the styling isn't as dated as the Milano.
Opinions?

We (164 owners) were figuring you had to try a Milano first to fully
appreciate a 164 <g>.  Here's a couple reasons why should buy the 164
instead of the Milano...
1) Pininfarina styling (enough said)
2) Water pump lasts forever rather than 30K miles
3) 2nd gear synchros last forever rather than 30K miles
4) No driveshaft to worry about re-balancing nor guibo self-destructing
5) Normal human seating position rather than "Ergonomics By Apes, Inc"
design
6) Power steering pump & rack retains most of it's fluid
7) No requirement for snow tires in Winter (although still recommended)
8) 100% galvanized unibody
9) No "Project Milano" article series to (occasionally) look forward to
in the Alfa Owner
I'll let someone else tell you why a Milano is better than a 164.
Suffice it to say, when you do have to work under the hood of the 164,
you will spend 2 to 3 times longer to complete the same (or similar)
task, and sacrifice 5 to 6 times more blood.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]