Stuck bolts in aluminum.....

(Alert! First posting after lurking, then firewall exchanged)
I had the same problem with with steel studs embedded in aluminum motorcycle
cases; a motorcycle shop referred me to a local (So. California) shop
(Jerry's Drill and Tap Removal 714/ 836-6824) that used a combination of
serious DC voltage and water spray to dissolve the steel bolts. The process
is kinda wild to watch, and it leaves the aluminum undamaged!
(No monetary interest, etc., etc.)

Jim Barrett
73 Spider
85 GTS
83 245

Alfert wrote:

>I am in progress of rebuilding a 1600 for my Giulietta. I found an
unmolested
>105 block and head, however... at least one of the head bolts has rusted
very
>badly where it enters the block.  My questios:
>Any trick to getting it out without destroying the block??
>If I have to find another block, does it have to be from a 105 or will a
101
>block work with a 105 head?
>Anyone have a good block for sale?
>Do cams from a 101 fit in a 105 head
>Was there any difference in a 101-1600 and a 105-1600

IKON Logistics