Re: Last Chance Prom and Goodyear Eagles

Dude, Paul, check it.

Don't bother with Pirelli P4000's, honest.  I'm on my *third* set of tires on
my 164LS.  The list:

First set:  Pirelli P6000's.  Very quiet, decent on dry pavement, medium in
the wet.
Second set:  Falken FK-06G's.  Big mistake.  Drove 200 miles and returned them.
Third set:  Bridgestone RE71's.  Very grippy in the dry, good in the wet,
rather noisy.

As you can see, I've gone backwards in time as far as my tire choices go, but
I figured I had to try 'em out.  My next set will be either of the following:

1.  Falken GR-B's.  Have them on my 75S, very grippy in the dry, respectable
in the wet, very , very quiet (quieter than the P6000's).  Bonus:  $102/ea in
205/50ZR16 size.
2.  Pirelli P-Zero.  Have them on my 75S race wheels.  SUPER GRIPPY in the
dry, and VERY good in the wet (Laguna Seca was the last track they saw).
Bonus:  $90/ea in 195/55ZR15 size.

All prices quoted above are from Wheelworks in Santa Clara, CA.  By the way,
if you visit the higher rpm range in your 164 often, don't save a few bucks
for the VR tires.  The ZR tires are often a better investment.

Nizam

'88 75S
'94 164LS
'97 A4 (on loan)  <--- decent car, lacks punch in stock form, but handles
obscenely well