Conversion of bar into PSI ??

According to Webster's Third New International Dictionary, a bar is (1) a
measurement of pressure equal to 1,000,000 dynes per square centimeter,
or .98697  atmosphere, or (2) the actual cgs unit of pressure equal to
one dyne per square centimeter.  I'm not sure what that adds up to, but
according to the bike pump denominated in two measuring systems that I
bought when I lived in Germany, 40 pounds per square inch equals about 3
kilograms per square centimeter.  So, all you propeller-beanies out
there, does that mean that 1 bar is the same as 1
kg/cm<smaller>2</smaller>?  If so, then 1 bar equals about 13
lbs/in<smaller>2</smaller>.

I'm just a bassoon player, what do I know?

Charlie Koster

1986 GTV-6

Kagel Canyon, CA