MarrelliPlex Questions

I fitted a Plex distributor to my '72 Spider several thousand miles ago, =
replacing the original S103.

Does anyone know, had experience with, recommend, heard of:  Lubrication =
of the advance mechanism? =20

(Better yet, is advance electronically controled - forgive my ignorance - =
could it be a control module issue?)

Has anyone experienced what seems like a sticking advance mechanism in the =
Plex?

Symptoms:  Periodically will ping at all rev ranges and loads - Heavy =
pinging!  Also, at times will surge from standing start after getting =
away, as if it was starved for fuel and then got the normal amount (or =
conversly - like timing was retarded/would not advance untill higher up in =
the rev range).  (SPICA pump timing right-on, fuel delivery, etc all =
clean). =20

These symptoms began without warning, and occur infrequently.  Absolutely =
no problems prior to this.  Set at 38' @ 5000 rpm.  Cam timing, follower =
clearences, etc have remained unchanged throughout this.  Car otherwise =
goes very well. =20

I do not assume there is a lube requirement, as the only lube point on the =
old S103 was the points cam, and the original mounting instructions for =
the Plex do not indicate lubing is needed.

Thanks in advance (no pun intended)

Karl Maxon