RE: Squeaky Milano Ventilation Fan, 164 clock/ hvac LED digits

> Forgive the memory lapse since this was over six or seven years ago, but
> there is a preventive fix for squeaky fans in the form of a small screen
> that can be installed where the air is drawn into the HVAC system. I had
> this on my 87 Milano Platinum - i believe it is an Alfa fix - when the
> leaves [or scott's frogs] start piling up it's a life saver.

the screen fix is to keep the leaves out.  leaves in the fan area present a
fire hazard in a milano.  leaves can cause a rustling sound, but are not
directly responsible for squeaking motor shafts.

it's wise to pull out the milano heater motor on a regular basis (every year
or two) if you park under trees, and remove any leaves that might be in
there.  it's easy to lube the motor shaft while it's out.

bs