elise

yes, it is only alfa-related if it means that i can get my 156 into the
US, but...
I found the Elise guy. I hope he does not mind sharing, I did delete his
name in the quote: Here is some info on how:

> So far it is okay, but I have to get it smogged by the end of November.
>
> The trick is that California does not require the same safety standards as customs does to register a vehicle. You may
> import any car 'parts' you like and build it up as a 'kit car' and register it as that year model. Therefore, you must have a
> smog-legal car for the year you put it together.
>
> I imported the chassis and engine/transmission separately and put them together in hopes that it would pass smog.
> Unfortunately, the referee station will not inspect a car with an engine that is not registered for use in the U.S. I am
> simultaneously trying to talk with the air resources board to see if I can use the current engine and with performance
> shops to have them swap in a US engine.
>
> It really wasn't too difficult so far. Smog will be the trick.
>
> XXXXX

thx
luke

95 164LS, 82 GTV6, 74 Spider

- --
Danger!!! Personal opinion:    "SUVs 'R obSCENE"
Luke M. Kowalski, Interface Designer-   NETSCAPE
(mailto:lukek@domain.elided)         Mt. View, CA