Emissions....

Since its been at least a year since this somewhat non-alfa content issue
has been discussed....

Quick reminder- EPA and CARB only enfoce laws that their respective
legislatures pass.  EPA- US Gov, and CARB- Cal Legis.  If you are a
citizen of either one, your elected officials pass these laws.  Don't
forget that.  Not that either orginzation don't influence the laws- they
do, but untimately, neither EPA nor CARB can make laws, that would be
against the Constitution.

Also, more specific to EPA, they do NOT enforce their laws, that is up to
the individual states.  So if your state has some funny way of measuring
emissions on your car, it is the result of the state not meeting the EPA
standards for air quality.  The auto industry, I guess, does get "ruled" by
the EPA- we pay the fines to them or prove that we put $x to a particular
technology to make up for whatever issues we have.

Sorry about the long post- just trying to point out who really is responsible.

Eric Storhok