Lancia Delta Integrales in the US

<< Original subject: Re: 155 engine into Spider?, morphed into Lancia
Integrales >>

>>And again, my usual question: I heard that some of those Lancia's were
brought
here. True?

A local company (who shall remain nameless) had a Lancia Delta Integrale
here in the San Francisco Bay Area here some years ago for testing.  The
project engineers used to take it out on Hwy 17 over the mountain to
Santa Cruz, leaving 911s and the like in the dust.  I was able to get a
high speed ride in the car, and was quite impressed.  I know there's an
Integrale in TX, advertised FS a year or two ago.  I was mildly
interested, but it turned out that it was lacking clean paperwork.

I have a Thema turbo engine in my Lancia Scorpion.  This engine is
basically a slightly detuned Integrale engine.  The "detuning" is easily
overcome.  In fact, the Thema version may be preferable in that it uses
the more common Bosch injection, rather than the Weber of the Integrale.
Thema engines aren't too expensive or too hard to track down in the UK,
and importing it into US was no big deal.  Swapping it into the
Scorpion, in contrast, was no easy feat.  It is a very impressive engine
in terms of power vs size and weight.  240 hp is obtainable with no
major mods.

Ken Haven
Fremont, CA
AROC, ARA, ALC
'95 164LS
'76 Lancia Scorpion w/ Thema turbo power

End of alfa-digest V7 #246