Elise, emissions....

To say the rover k engine to be one of the best in the world is not true.	Good, yes, world class- I don't think so.  I'd like to drop our 2.0L
Zetec, I know it meets LEV emissions.  Although, not the most powerful
thing in the world.

And to say that any engine with EFI should meet CA rules is an underestimate
of how tough the rules really are.  Lets put it this way, the LEV and ULEV
standards for California (the ones all cars will need to meet by early
next century) are about .1 to .2 * that allowed the beginning of the '90's.	They are so tough that there are technical exchange groups between ALL
auto manuf to try to figure out how to pass.

About Honda, they are good, but don't get mislead- they just had a $50Mil	(I think) civil peanalty put on them by the EPA for blowing the standards.
One more thing- you might think trucks put out more emissions than small cars-
while the actual values may be more, the standard is only about 20% more
than the cars.

Not that I mind, if it weren't for CARB and other tough emissions standards,
I probably wouldn't have a job in the auto industry.

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI