Spongy Steering

Recently, it seems to me that the steering has gone somewhat spongy.
When I turn the steering wheel, the car doesn't seem to turn as much
as it suppose to. Adding a little more steering, the car would steer
too much with like 1 second delay.

It's only a little, but gets annoying enough, because it's not
precise anymore like the way I remembered with the Gold I had.

I've got new caster bushings
Recently steering boots on both side (so if it's the ball joint, Phil
  would've noticed it, right? or it cannot tell by looking?)

What else can cause this kinda steering response?
What other bushings are there in the front? (and which one may cause
the sympton described?)

Jess <--- tends to replace all the bushings he can find
88 150k verde
Northern Cal