Re: Weights..... Thank You

In AD#240 J. Hertzman answered my questions on the weights of various 105/115
cars with his typical well-researched, referenced, and useful commentary.

John, thank you.  You are a treasure!

So, do I believe the numbers... maybe?  It's hard to understand why the 1750
cars (both Spider and GTV) weighed more than the 2000's.  It's also
remarkable that the Spiders and GTVs weigh EXACTLY the same.

Steve Schaeffer kindly submitted: "My '67 GTV weighed in at 2150 lbs with 1/2
tank fuel and oil, but no spare tire, but with roll bar which weighs more
than the spare would."  So, it seems that his car is about 180 lbs (1020kg +
5 gal fuel) underweight.

I am certain that the doors in USA '73 and '74 (and perhaps '72 as well) GTVs
weigh considerably (> 10lbs) more than the earlier ones.  Interior
"enhancements," larger brakes, and SPICA most likely add weight.  So, if Fusi
and  d'A-T are to be believed, one has to wonder where the weight was shaved.
>From your numbers, John, I'm assuming that there was no mention of weight
differences between the USA (SPICA) cars and the rest of the world, correct?

Ultimately, the only weigh to answer these questions is with a scale.  Anyone
measured the weight of their 105/115 spider/gtv lately?  I volunteer to keep
the data!

Bob Brady, DVAROC

PS.  John Hertzman/Fred DiMatteo:  I was reading the SPICA notes again last
night.  Thank you for putting these together.  They are another invaluable
resource!