10K to Restore a Duetto!

Sounds like its time to quit being a checkbook mechanic and do some
work yourself. If you just write checks the only thing you'll get good
at is subtraction and penmanship. Find someone who will let you get
more involved. My GTV restoration project has taken a turn for the
better by finding just such a guy in Terry Rhodes. He let me complete
disassembly at his shop. I have possession of all parts taken off the
car and I will do all cleaning, inspection, deciding what goes back
on, what needs some work, what needs replacing. I then did most of the
paint stripping as Terry doesn't like media blasting. Next he had me
wirebrush out the Bondo from prior poor bodywork. last weekend I
learned the joys of sandblasting for the hard to strip areas. Terry
lets me do all the dirty grut stuff. Anyway I really know what I have
and am in control of the job. I don't think you could be in control
writing checks unless you actually understood what you were writing
them for and what better way than doing.

Ciao,
Emmo
72 GTV bare but for a coat of Epoxy based sealer
76 Spider inhabitted by Banshees