Re: alfa-digest V7 #227

Alberto:

So far, I've had no problems with my car, which I leave unlocked, sometimes with
the top down.  I, too, have a detachable-face deck in my '86 spider.  When I
upgraded the speakers, I bought some Alpines which were the same size as the
stock speakers (I couldn't imagine squeezing larger speakers anywhere, anyway).
I opted to re-use the slightly funky old grills, for a "stealth" effect, rather
than the nice new grills, with their Alpine logo.

In a previous car, I flush-mounted speakers in the rear deck (no, it wasn't a
spider), and covered the entire rear deck with speaker grill cloth, rendering the
speakers invisible.  This probably woulndn't work so well in a spider, but maybe
it'll get you thinking about some other possibilities.

Good luck.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega"
with mildly upgraded sound system