164L '91 hvac heater fan

Hello,

A very long time reader, first time poster :)

Anyways, just a quick question...  My hvac heater fan is going
out and I need to have it replaced now that winter is setting in. :\
Should I also have the stepper motor replaced as well if they are
getting close to them for the fan removal?

I've never heard the clicking and they have been working perfect
for the five years I've owned the car.  I know a long time ago,
someone suggested that you turn off the hvac when ever you
don't need it.  I've just kept it on auto and the stepper motors
are still fine.  (Will my luck run out ;)

Ohh, has anyone done this repair them self?  From Alfa's service manual
it's five easy steps ;), but you need to put the freon some where, etc..
Or any suggestions of a repair shop in Minneapolis MN (don't really
care for the alfa dealer since Rick left)?

Thanks for any info!

Damon Anderson
damon@domain.elided
Bloomington, MN