Re: cams for GTV/10548 cams

> Bob Brady wrote:
> >So far, after installing 10548 cams (the euro 2l) in my '74 gtv, the
> >improvements have been much less dramatic...
> >Finally, I haven't dialed in the SPICA to work best with these cams.  >The
> mixture is basically where it was with the stock units.
>
> Dana Looms sez:
> My experience has been that the "48" cams do provide a subjectively
> substantial increase in performance, with the greatest gains occurring
> between 3000 and 5000 RPM.  To get the maximum benefit from the cams,
> however, it is not only necessary to time them correctly, but to  increase
> fuel flow at higher RPM to take advantage of the improvements in breathing.
>  Changing the idle mixture won't necessarily do the job.  On early SPICA
> cars, moving the ambient temperature-adjusting lever on the FI pump from N
> to F helps some and doesn't cost a penny.  The best solution, however, is a
> high-performance SPICA pump calibrated to your cams.

	What about aftermarket cams such as the ones the IAP sells for
SPICA injected 4-cylinder cars?  Are they as effective as the 10548 ?
There doesn't seem to be much price difference between the two and IAP sez
that their cams have a more 'modern' design.  So many choices.....

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado