RE: local AROC chapters

<snip>
>    I want club events where I can DRIVE my car;events where I can go and
learn
> to make it faster,stop better, etc.Neither Alfa that I own is a flower
pot,
<snip>
>           I know that "if you don't participate, you shouldn't
complain",but I
> have no desire to participate in events that are totally useless to me and
> it's pretty obvious from what I saw at this event that I don't want any
part
> of my local AROC chapter.Forgive the venting,but seeing other chapters
have
> things like autocrosses and track time and the like makes me angry that
I'm
> stuck in an area with little interest or appreciation for such a fine
marque
> as Alfa Romeo.I'm stuck in an area with a chapter that would appreciate
Alfas
> more if they were more like Hummel or Lladro figurines (under glass for
> neighbors to be impressed by).
> Sorry for  the venting, not interested in flaming.Just a everyday Joe with
<snip>

so, organize them yourself.

there's more to participation than just showing up.  you can't really fault
the active members for organizing events that suit their own interests, can
you?  the events of any club tend to reflect the majority of the active
members.  maybe your club is full or wine-and-cheese activists, and you're
the only driver.  or maybe there are lots of drivers, none of who want to
spend the time to organize some events?  or should the wine-and-cheese crowd
be expected to organize events more to your liking?  (if you were in charge,
would you spend the time to organize wine-and-cheese events for them?)

our new england chapter is going through some quiet times, when father fred
moved south it left quite a void.  our officers sent out a plea for help for
some people to pick up the slack.  which reminds me, i'm overdue in
organizing another tech session..

bs