Brake MC: new or rebuild?

Hello all,

My brake MC ('89 Spider) is leaking from the back end where it's
attached to the booster drum. It doesn't appear to leak unless it's
under pressure (ie, when I apply the brake pedal). I'd like to know the
pros and cons of simply buying a rebuild kit. Is there an easy way to
tell from the outside whether I need a whole new one or not?

Unfortunately, the cost of a new MC (approx. $95) is not trivial at this
moment, but of course, safety first.

I used a kit on my old Toyota Celica with no problems.

Thanks,

- -- Ron King