RE: Competition Reference Handbook

> During the past few months I have been prodded by several serious AR
> enthusiasts to publish a 2nd edition of the "CRH"  that I wrote while at
> ARI Newark.  I have given the idea serious thought and subsequently
> spoken with a couple of local printers.  Id like to explain what I can
> offer:
<snip>

as one who has been looking for a copy of this for quite some time, i feel i
must comment.

i finally borrowed a copy from paul glynn a couple of weeks ago, and
although i haven't had time to go through it in any depth, it is a treasure
trove of information.  it centers around the four cylinder cars, and seems
to drop off in the early 70's, although what's in it would be relevent for
more than just the early cars.  there are sections on suspensions,
gearboxes, etc.

if you don't want a copy for the technical content, then it's worth it for
the historical content.  this data comes straight from the source, and comes
from the glory days of alfa's racing in the usa.  there's a lot of coverage
of carbs, so non-usa digesters would probably appreciate the information as
well.

when i borrowed my copy from paul, he pointed out a couple of items to me,
and mentioned that he does those mods on every race motor he builds.  he
attributed some of the information to why his motors hold up so well.

my disclaimer - i have no financial interest in this offering.  it is,
however, a rare and unique opportunity for access to this information, and
in this form.  i would urge everybody to consider it, and save me from
having to buy fifty copies for myself ;)

it would be a bargain at double the price.

bs