Re: emergency flasher repair

>From: eric lutkin <lutkin@domain.elided>

>I have the 1974 GTV with the bad emergency flasher switch.  What's the
>best way to either take it out to replace it or disable it and still
>have the turn signals work?

I never saw my reply post last week, so hopefully this one will do better.

To disable it temporarily, just cram a toothpick between the housing and
the button as we discussed. To pull it out for replacement or repair, you
have to unscrew the big plastic nut from behind that holds it against the
dash. It's possible to reach this by lying in the footwell and contorting
your arm up forward (but you can't get any torque on the nut), so it's
much better to pull the instrument pod out and get it from the top. Every
thing is very accessible that way.

Once out, you can fix it (as described last week) just as easily as
disabling it.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  Black holes are where God divided by zero. |
| Livermore, CA		      |             - Anon.                         |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |