re: 105 water pumps

> Also, new plug leads, distributor cap and points did not cure my misfiring
> problem, which still happens at and around 3000 rpm. I suspect that the
> distributor shaft may be worn, as it has some lateral movement. Will a
> Marelli distributor from a 1600 replace the Bosch currently in the 2000?

	If the distributor is worn it usually the bushings in the housing
rather than the shaft itself.  I've found a guy who rebuilds them in the US
so I suspect you should be able to find one in the UK.  This guys does only
auto ignitions and used to be in the DC area.  But he has moved to N.
Carolina to be close to the NASCAR action.  He has rebuilt the distributor
for my long departed Peugot 504 estate car and my Moto Guzzi.

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado