105 water pumps

I have discovered a water leak on my 2L engine - water is getting onto the
fan belt. I can't see any obvious leaks, so I'm assuming the water pump has
sprung a leak. Can anyone tell me if water pumps from 105 series 1600 and
2000 engines are interchangeable? I have a spare 1600 pump and it would be
useful to know if I can use it before I extract the leaking pump from the
2000.
Also, new plug leads, distributor cap and points did not cure my misfiring
problem, which still happens at and around 3000 rpm. I suspect that the
distributor shaft may be worn, as it has some lateral movement. Will a
Marelli distributor from a 1600 replace the Bosch currently in the 2000?
Thanks in advance,
Jez.

Jez Arnold
London, UK.