milano3.0 clutch install

Hello everyone I am a first time user of the digest. An excellent
resource.
I fried my 3.0 clutch and I am about to change it I have completed every
step up to sliding the clutch assembly out.
Can someone tell me if I should remove the clutch slave before removing
the clutch I don't know if this is only necessary for transmission
removal.
If so do I remove it by removing the two rusted circlips (now fused to
the slave assembly)  or do I remove the entire mount from the gearbox
housing (will this effect the integrity of the gearbox seal). Can I open
the bleed valve to release pressure on clutch fork.    Thanks in
advance.