164 distributors

An annoying problem has shown up in at least two 164s that I know of.
Rough running, slow starting and then NO START.   If your 164 does not
start instantly the first time or the second, stop cranking and examine
the distributor cap and rotor!  It seems the rotor self-destructs and is
no longer capable of doing its job.  I strongly recommend  you carry a
spare cap and rotor.  The replacement is quite easy when you have the
proper tools to remove the cap and rotor,  1/4 inch deep socket set  is
all you'll need.  Fred Di Matteo  AROC Technical Advisor USA.