Re: Headlights

Tony,

I can't help you with question 1, but check the amperage on the
relay(s). From what I've seen, these blue/white lights take 100w(?)
max, so 100w/12v would take over 8 amps (from the P=VI formulae). The
minimum I would put in would be a 15Amp or 30Amp just to be safe. I'm
not sure about the wires, but I would probably change them -
considering the wires in my Alfetta.

I'm actually putting in relays for both high and low beam lights in a
76 Alfetta, and the way I'm gonna go about it is like this: (be
warned, I have to check this..)

1. Find the light switch wire, the side which connects to the fusebox.

2. disconnect it from the fuse connector

3. Install a relay in one of the spare relay slots (if you have any ->
I have heaps of space)

4. connect the light switch cable to the input connector

5. locate the cable which is on the other side of the fuse connector
(from the light switch wire)

6. connect that cable to the appropriate connector on the relay, and
do the same with a ground wire.

To the best of my knowledge this is the easiest way to do it.

okay hope that helps

Michal

76 red Alfetta GT (almost, almost, almost there...)

Melbourne,
Australia