voltage regulator

hey all!

Another thing popped up in my quest to finally get the Alfetta GT back
on the road, this time it was the voltage regulator for the Alternator.

It's an alternator with an external (and mechanical, ie with relays)
voltage regulator. I was wondering how to install an newer electronic
regulator? ..from another car..?
The wiring schematics indicate G+ G- and GF. I have a Bosch regulator
of unknown origin which has G+ and CF... my guess is that G- has to be
grounded to the body of the car, unlike the original...?
any ideas?

thanks

Michal

'76 red Alfetta GT (aaaaaalmost there..........)

Melbourne,
Australia