Chrome Wheels

About six years ago I attended the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Mfgrs Assn)
show in Vegas.  Many companies exhibiting were showing chrome wheels that
were then only popular in CARB country (California to you).  I remember one
of the manufacturers saying that the chroming process did indeed make the
wheels brittle & if a buyer were going to use them in any kind of
competitive event, they wouldn't guarantee them.

Was this true?  If so, is it still?  I don't know.  Just passing on what I
heard there.

Norm Sippel
61 Sprint Veloce - painted steel wheels
66 MGB - painted wire wheels