Spider Temperature

Hi All,
	I finally got all the pieces together and bled the cooling system.  I took
Raquel (78 Spider) out for a spin and I suddenly realized that I have no idea
what the operating temp is supposed to be.  She had been running hot for so
long, I had gotten used to the fact that I had to sit somewhere after 15
minutes and let her cool down before continuing.  I put up with this for 4
months before I found out that you had to bleed the water pump and the head!
Ignorance is a terrible thing.  Anyway, the temp was running about 2/3 of the
way between 180 F and 212 F I am guessing at 200 F.  Is this the correct
operating temp?  It was about 78 degrees outside at the time.
Thanks for the info,
Ed Gibbs
78 Alfa Spider