Re: starter problems again

Paul Irvine wrote:
>I've got a new one. The Alfetta has failed to start several times now over
>the past 6 months. It only happens after the car has been running for some
>time (an hour or so). It seems to happen on the warmer days. Turning the
key
>results in nothing - I mean nothing. The power is on, fuel pump is running
>etc. When I go to start there is no click, no crank, no dimming of idiot
>lights...nothing.

I had the same symptom on my Alfetta, last summer. My problem turned out
to be a bad connection to the starter solenoid. Look for a black wire
with a spade connector on the front end of the solenoid - possibly
loose and/or corroded. It is hard to see the connector under the intake
manifold though (on a non-Spica car).

Regards,
Robert Jones,
1979 Alfetta GTV 2000