starter problems again

I've got a new one. The Alfetta has failed to start several times now over
the past 6 months. It only happens after the car has been running for some
time (an hour or so). It seems to happen on the warmer days. Turning the key
results in nothing - I mean nothing. The power is on, fuel pump is running
etc. When I go to start there is no click, no crank, no dimming of idiot
lights...nothing. So far each time I've been able to either roll out of a
parking spot or get the thing rolling by pushing it from the drivers door,
hopping in and popping the clutch. Later, after it has sat for awhile and
cooled down, the starter works normal again. Never had any trouble starting
it from cold.

Every time it has happened I was on my way to work or someplace so I haven't
been able to do any troubleshooting and when at home there is no problem so
I obviously can't troubleshoot for something that, at the time, doesn't
exist. I might take it for a drive on my day off sometime and see if I can
get it to happen when I bring it back home but with the weather cooling off
it may not happen again until next year.

Anybody have any ideas?

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project