Re: Grand Prix Legends

>From: "Scott Johnson" <scott@domain.elided>
>Subject: Grand Prix Legends
>
>Speaking of the 67 Grand Prix season (which is when the film Grand Prix was
>filmed), there's a new racing game out called Grand Prix Legends that
>covers the same ground. You get to drive Lotus, Ferrari, Brabahm, Eagle,
>Honda (disguised) and Cooper/Maserati (also disguised due to licensing
>problems). The program uses an all-new physics model for what feels like a
>very high-fidelity simulation. I've only had the program 3 days and am
>having a blast. Lots of fun steering with the throttle, sideways through a
>turn. If you like racing simulations (NASCAR, F1 or Indycar II), and have
>at least a P-166, this game is for you!

Hey! I worked on that game! (I left the company about 12 months into the
project, which ran about 36 months all told...)

I now have no financial connection, but will second the opinion that it's a
great game; the driving model is incredible, but I would recommend more than
a P-166 to play it optimally: 3dFX or Rendition video card and a Pentium-166
or higher (realistically, you can't have too much CPU for this game!)

Steering wheel and pedals are also highly recommended. Take your time and
get used to the physics; this is not a "stomp on the gas, stomp on the
brakes whilst madly winding the steering wheel around" kind of game.

- ---Jim