Alfas,Migs,Salyuts, and Techron

Greetings,Alfisti!
        First, anybody ever rebuild a clutch slave cylinder on a Milano Gold
2,5?Mine has gotten to be past the point of irritating, my clutch is engaging
at what seems like 1/4" off the floor.Sometimes it works normally, sometimes
it doesn't.Can someone give me tips/pointers on this ?Also, my GTV 6 may or
may not require replacement of the positive cable leading from the battery to
the engine compartment.The engine compartment positive cable looks to be
pretty crispy from the junction box throughout the engine compartment.But, the
fuel pump works and no major electrical glitches otherwise.Lack of funds has
prevented me from fixing this, the car has been sitting and I need my GTV6 fix
BAD.Has anyone had similar experiences with this?Several people responded to
this, but only now have I got the funds to fix it.(Were' talking shoestring
budget folks.)
            Migs (at least the older ones) used "human consumable" alcohol in
their deicing (or their braking systems;memory escapes me); the Mig 25 in the
Soviet air force was known as "the flying Bar" due to this.The alcohol used in
these systems was like goldengrain,pure 200 proof alcohol and not denatured in
any way.Stolnichya vodka is tame compared to this stuff.Best not use it in
your Mig29;it might freeze at altitude.:)   :)    :)   :)
          To the gentleman who has the Salyut book;please respond to me off
the digest with how much you want for the book.I am VERY interested in
acquiring this book.
        Finally,on the subject of Techron fuel additive.I believe the additive
is available in WalMarts across the land.For those military types, it is also
available in AAFES gas stations;some of the larger NEX stores carry it as
well.Another interesting idea is to go to your local airport and purchase a
small quantity of 100LL avgas.An A&P mechanic friend of mine told me some
years ago this would help keep the fuel system clean in a car as well.He
suggested a 16 oz.coke bottle of the stuff to a tankfull of premium gas would
keep the cars valves, fuel system and the like clean.Since it's low lead,it
won't hurt the catalyst either.Avgas has a percentage of tolulene in it,which
is a pretty effective varnish remover for fuel injectors and the like.(That's
also why avgas smells like model airplane glue,too.)   Try that, it may work
for you.Worked in a Toyota I once owned.
My two cents worth,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano gold2,5 (alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito)
1989 Toyota Celica gt (wife's car)
and numerous assorted bits of automotive flotsam and jetsam

End of alfa-digest V7 #205