RE: GTV-6 suspension settings

	>My thanks to the two gentlemen who have replied on this.
	========================
	i'm not so sure the respected mr. hertzman appreciates being compared to
me in this manner!  :>)

	>The manual would normally be my first port of call but, while my Spider
is well covered, I
	have nothing except the EFI manual for the GTV6.  Silly of me perhaps,
but there you go.  There doesn't seem to be a lot out there either; I heard the
CarDisc is good, although pricey at $50.  Yet another thing I'm happy to take
advice on and sooner or later will get around to.
	==============================
	i have found the factory milano manual & older haynes manuals for
alfettas to be helpful.

	>Meanwhile, the GTV6 is more or less grounded.  The details on spline
adjustment are very helpful but the information I'm really looking for is how to
get to the part where I do the adjusting.  I see some bolts at the back end of
the torsion bar and a big rectangular bar running across underneath.  But I
don't want to start loosening and hammering until it's
	off-loaded and, so far, that doesn't seem to be the case.  I have
visions of small or, worse, large parts flying across the garage, never to be
seen again, and so some advice from those who've been there would be reassuring.
	================================
	it's really not that difficult - even i have done it!  get the front of
the car up in the air.  then, you need to thread a puller into the bolt-hole at
the rear-end of the torsion bar.  if i recollect correctly, i used the upper
control arm bolt, which fits, and a smaller socket inside a larger socket to
brace against the frame when titening the bolt - this pulls the torsion bar
rearwards out of the lower a-arm.  be sure you've marked the splines, so you
know the original locations!  when the t-bar breaks free of the lower a-arm, you
can then pound out the t-bar from the rear - again, mark the splines!

	>The US vs Euro thing was an old rumour that surfaces from time to time,
	that the US ride height was raised to meet bumper regulations.  Can't
vouch
	for its accuracy.  Doug, I have 24 3/4" at the arches, a little lower
than
	you.  Tires are P205/55 ZR15 on what look like original campagnolos.
Don't
	know whether that's the original tire size or someone's experiment.
	as far as i know, stock wheel/tire size is 195-15-60 on 15x6 rims,
w/45mm  offset.  '85 models had a metric size - a little more low profile & more
treadwidth.

	good luck,

	doug s.