Re: One Lap on the Cali coast...

"Bill Harkell" <billharkell@domain.elided> writes:
[deleted]
> Sidebar to my Dad... Parents often give their kids gifts and don't even
> realize it... 20 years ago, I was pulled out of high school for a week,
> (no sweat) and we hopped on a plane for San Fran and my dad drove me in
> a rental Toyota, down the Coast Road. Today, I retraced that trip, and
> stopped at Nepenthe, a restaurant with a view, unequalled. The clouds
> were rolling in over the mountains, and it was just beyond desciption.
> It is nearly identical as I remember it, and the patio viewing deck just
> has different chairs... I took a picture of the view from the deck...
> Now I understand where I got this urge to pick up and  go on trips...

[deleted]

On the two trips I've been lucky enough to go to the US, both times
I went to this restaurant.  It's a wonderful view, great food, fantastic
to sit there in late Summer and watch the sun go down over the ocean.
Pity I didn't have an Alfa to share it with (just a couple of US
Rent-o-barges) but that whole piece of coastline is just magic.
If you live in the US, or you're just visiting, you should really
make an effort to see this particular spot.

dave.
(in sydney)