exhaust

All this talk about exhausts prompts me to post the following.  After
meeting up with Bill Harkell on his way thru the Bay Area on Saturday, I
would just like to state for the record that he has got to have the loudest
and most awesome sounding exhaust on his 164--er 168.  That there is no
back muffler seems to help a lot :)

I was driving AHEAD of him and I *still* could hear it!!   :o
It didn't sound like one of those add-on coffee can exhausts, either.  This
was the 3.0 V-6 "untamed!"  I think we ought to make a tape of it and send
it back to Italy or something.  We were about to pull out of the Fantasy
Junction parking lot and Bill proceeds to fire up Sofia when a
mild-mannered-looking BMW three series pulls up behind him.  VA-VROOOM!!
and the driver of the bimmer, I swear, did a double take and for a split
second had a look of terror on his face.  Oh yeah, the car alarms in the
parking lot next to us started to go off, too!    :)

I'm calling Stebro to see if they will make me a straight pipe.  Bolt on,
of course.

Chris Robyn
Berkeley, CA
'84 GTV-6