164S Question # 2 (aka: surging, bucking, stumbling 164S)

Since my original post to the digest, I've seen many responces and have had
numerous private Emails.  This must be a common problem on the 164S - I've
owned 2 Verdes and 2 GTV6s and never experienced this problem - I've also
owned a tall cammed Ferrari Dino - carborated albeit, but I never saw this.

I've been using Shell 92 octane since I got the car but this symptom has only
recently started, so I'm leary of switching to Chevron; but I'm going to.  I
discussed it with my mechanic and he recomended it.  Also, BG-44K was
recommended by a digester and my mechanic just happened to have a can and he
thought that was a good idea ( cleans out fuel and injector systems ).  After
that, I'm going in for a oil change and have the air delivery system / flow
meter checked, and change the fuel filter too.  Plugs will be checked and
replaced if suspect, but they are relativly new.

After another 2000 miles, if it still is a problem, it will be something I
live with.  It's only getting off the line that's a problem - all other
acceleration, cruise, and general performance issues covered by fuel delivery
are great (and if airflow is a problem, it should be manifest at all times).
I won't be digging into the valves or the heads until it's time and with my
milage at 71K,  that won't be for a while.

Thanks to all and I'll post back when I learn what it is.

Dave Westphal