164 Pirellis

>While we are borrowing another 164L, I found another interesting item.
The
>original equipment Pirelli P4000 tires ride and handle much better than
the
>Yok AVS-S4 allseason tires I put on my 164L.  Next time I need tires,
P4000s
>are it.  I still love the AVS Intermediates on my GTV6 and her 164S.  But,
>the AVS S4s now seem too soft and wiggly for my taste on the 164L.

Just had the front wheels on my '94 164 equipped with some nice Pirelli
5000 Dragos. Steering improved 100% to the old Goodyears. More precise,
lighter and of course more grip (the goodyears lacked some profile),
Today my wife had an almost accident avoiding a big Tractor. Without the
new tyres she would have had a collision. Now she steer into the side of
the road, meanwhile braking, and going through some bush. Some minor
scratches on the paint.

Greetings,
Hans de Kok