Re: Surging 164

<<  My experience with the 164's is that they seem to like to surge for
 several reasons.  ......
 a bad sparkplug that is fouled. ....  The next thing to check is the airflow
meter hose for cracks.  >>

...and it's worth checking the connections to the "choke" temperature sensor
under the thermostat; a bad connection *under* the rubber cover caused an
intermittent fault on my V6 which gave sudden unpredictable surges for months
until I traced it by examining the 2-pin plug more carefully.

Tony Wood
England