Re: Wheels: Campagnolo and Cromodora

At 01:53 PM 10/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
> (snip)
>
>I had thought, as Dave seems to, that "Campanatura" was a model name but
wiser
>polyglots convinced me that it is simply the Italian term for offset,
>('bellness') stated in millimeters after the word. A caution is that there is
>an extremely similar Cromodora wheel for the Alfetta, which has a different
>bolt circle (98 mm instead of 108) as well as a different offset. The Alfetta
>type can also be recognized by the complete opening between each of the
>'turbine blades', while the 105/115 wheels alternate open and closed backs on
>the pairs of 'blades'. Something to remember when finding bargain wheels at
>swap meets.

Uhm, I'm confused now! I've got an '86 GTV6, which came with the useless
speedline alloys. Luckily, the dealer threw in a (free!) set of what I've
been told are the old style alloys. 5 stud Campagnolo wheels with alternate
open and closed backs on the pairs of blades. On the rim it says
Campagnolo, Alfa Romeo, C6 15 OH, C45 (which presumably means a campanatura
of 45mm). Are these similar to the "Turbinas" mentioned by John H.? If so,
did Campy go back to the 105/115 design for the six cylinder cars?

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix