Spider to Alfetta

In AD7-196 Jerry in Houston asks
>> Has anyone successfully transplanted an 80's Bosch injected Spider motor
into
an Alfetta?  What changes would have to be made to the Spider motor, fuel
system, etc.?  I believe that an alfetta crank would have to be used, but what
else?<<

I believe Larry Ogle, formerly of Knaus Motors in Chicago, merged a Bosch
Spider engine with an Alfetta (Sport Sedan, 78, ivory, w/Eurogrill and
rectangular headlights, quite nice) but I am not sure whether he stuck an
Alfetta crank and pan in a complete Spider engine or hung a Spider head, etc
on an existing Alfetta engine. The pan has to be Alfetta, and there has to be
an accommodation for a dipstick which is on one side on Bosch engines and on
the other on Spica engines, but that is not a big problem. The brains have to
stay with the head. As engine swaps go this is a piece of cake

Ogle used to be on the digest, may still be, but when I have asked him about
the transplant he has been cordial but busy and will get back "later". But it
is an entirely practical conversion.

There was an article in Alfa Owner a few years ago about a Bosch Spider engine
in a GT Veloce coupe, an equally easy (or easier) conversion marred only (to
my taste) by the Spider's phone-dial wheels going along with it. I prefer the
coupes pure-

Cordially,

John H.