GTV6 ride height

Apologies if this topic has been covered recently.  I thought the
information would be readily available but a trawl through the web archives
and the GTV6 site didn't turn it up.

The front of my GTV6 has been lowered beyond the point of sanity by a
previous owner.  Having just had the exhaust ripped apart by an
innocent-looking speed bump and then, while I was down there looking at it,
discovered that the insides of the front tires are worn almost to the wire
while the outsides are fine, it's time to take action.

I know that the front height is controlled by the torsion bars but lack the
instructions to adjust them.  It looks like they're still under torsion
with the wheels jacked off the ground and I'd rather not just wade in there
because of the large forces involved and associated chance of
damage/injury.  Can someone please post instructions, or point me to where
they can be found?

Secondly, I'm wondering what the "correct" height really is.  The N.
American and European factory specs were different, and the handling is
affected, of course.  Some time ago there was a survey being conducted of
GTV6 ground clearances but I don't recall seeing the results.  These
measurements are from my car:
 13", bottom of front bumper
 4", sump drain plug
 3.25", lowest point (exhaust, before it hit the asphalt)
 6.25", bottom of transaxle
 16.5", bottom of rear bumper.
Presumably the rear hasn't been lowered - clearance is OK there, anyway.
My first thought is to adjust the front until the 2 bumpers are at the same
height.  Suggestions welcomed.  The car is street use only, never raced,
though I do like twisty roads <g>. Funny thing is, the way it is now has
both front and rear wheels sitting equally far under the wheel arches,
which at least _looks_ right.

And finally - sorry this is getting a bit long - it's clear from the tire
wear that the alignment, or at least the camber, is way off right now.  I
noticed this wear pattern (insides more than middles and outsides) on the
rear tires when I bought the car and was told, "oh, those were on the
front.  It's been aligned since then."  Not very effectively, it would
seem!  Handling seems good - arguably I don't know what I'm missing - but I
have noticed that the centering force on the steering wheel is very weak
when pointing 1/8 turn or less from straight ahead.  Is all this consistent
with the front being lowered and not re-aligned properly?  I don't want the
new tires going the same way.

The archives had Yoko A509, AVS-i and Dunlop D40M2 tires recommended for
the GTV6.  Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,
                           Jake