One Lap update, quick

Hi kids!

I'm in Downtown San Francisco, amazed at the hills and the people.

I spent a while today with Chris Robyn, another "168" owner, and had a
nice chat.

I'm heading down towards San Jose tonight both to hopefully catch up
with some other digesters and for lower costs. San Fran is big $$$.

Gas is $1.55 a gallon!! Alfas sell for real money here too! What a
place.

Weather is nice, it rained this morning and is now clear and mild.

Alfa is going ok, just a headlight bulb, bought in dwntn SF... neat
parts store where you park on the second floor... cool.

This reformulated gas sucks, mileage is down quite a bit. Less
pollution? when you burn more? There's logic...

6700 miles so far...

Sunday will be a possible visit and then heading south down that
horrible Coast road. Ocean views, twisty roads, and mountains.. tough
break for me. Target is LA then time to grind on the miles east towards
home and responsibilty..

Dad suggested that I would get the "wanderlust" out of my system... I
doubt it...I would do certain things different again, but I'm still
ready to go...

Thanks for all the e-mails of support, folks!

Later, gators!

Bill Harkell
Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society
Tampa, Florida, San Francisco CA