1750 Berlina Spring Rates

Having owned my 1968 1750 Berlina for some two years now, I want to
upgrade the suspension a little without altering the appearance of the
car, i.e. I do not want to lower the car.

When I bought the car, I overhauled the complete chassis, all joints,
bearings, brakes were either replaced or overhauled with new seals etc.
Where possible I upgraded a little: stiffer rubber bushings etc. I also
replaced the rusty spring dishes in the front suspension. The berlina
has a longer spring at the front left (driver side) where most other 105
series have an altered spring dish to compensate for the driver weight.

This Berlina is also equipped with an LPG (natural car gas)
installation. The tank for this mounted in the trunk, right over the
rear axle. Most Berlinas suffer from tired rear spring, also mine, and
the tank just adds to the "problem"; the rear sags.

I would like to upgrade the springs but there seem to be no readily
available upgraded springs for the Berlina. For the Bertone, Giulia and
Spider it is "Spring Galore!" But for us poor Berlina owners? Nothing!

I am a bit weary to mount springs intended for a Giulia because of the
different weight of the cars and overall handling.

I could take the existing springs out and just go to a spring factory
and gamble on how much to upgrade but if there is anybody out there who
has already experience with the subject, I would appreciate it very much
to hear.

Also, I have been unable to find the spring rates in any of the workshop
manuals I have. Anybody any idea?

Thanks & best regards!
Jack Habits
Rijnsburg, The Netherlands