Alfa parts cost

In a previous post Terry Akins wrote:

<< an Alfa is just as reliable as a Volvo (parts cost about the same,
generally)....

  Hey, stop smoking whatever your smoking....it'll kill ya.  Volvo has an
amazing ability to price their parts in inverse proportion to the size of the
box they come in.  Never in my life have I paid $9 for 2 rubber O-ring's until
I got a Volvo.  Naturally they were a unique size and couldn't be had anywhere
else.  And what about that overdrive solenoid....little thing about half the
size of a clutch alignment tool, with a wire attached.......$260.  The parts
for my Milano have been cheap in comparison, though I admit I probably haven't
hit the 'big ticket' items yet.  Problem with Volvo is, everything is a 'big
ticket' item.
Bryan Carter
No. Va.