alfa vs milano

hi sam,

i've owned volvos for over 20 years, alfas for 7 years.  there was a 6 year
overlap between the two.  sure, volvos may be more reliable, but not by much -
mostly alfas require a little more maintenance.

as far as performance is concerned, unless you've had someone like ipd do a
full-track set-up on your 740t, i'd be quite surprised to find that it could
'roast' my verde in any acceleration contest.  my verde is stock, w/the
exception os 164's' cams, and a tweeked ecu & afm per alfa guru ferdinand
dimatteo & his disciple john kirshtein.  there is a LOT more power to be had
outta my car, if i wanna splurge for headwork, and new intake/exhaust systems.
of course, i dunno if you can squeeze a ford 5.0 v8 into a milano like you can
w/a 240 or 740 volvo!  as far as handing is concerned, the samt things apply -
the volvos are no match for the alfas at any comparable set-up level.

you said, among other things:
>"So just keep these immature post off of these e-mail groups.  E-mail groups
are for >technical information not to read other people stereotypes on other
cars..."

bottom line is, w/in 5 minutes of my 1st test-drive in a milano, i knew my days
of volvo ownership were numbered!  if people making fun of volvos is all it
takes to make you wanna not buy an alfa and keep your volvo, i'd say you need to
liten up - you're only punishing yourself!  but, hey, who am i to tell you what
to do?

ciao for now,

dug seed in

'78 ducati darmah
'86 alfa gtv6, awaiting 3.0 transplant
'88 alfa milano verde
'91 alfa 164L - trading it on a 3.0 install in my gtv6 + 28hrs of add'l labor!
'92 alfa 164L
'95 buell s2 w/white lightning top-end