Re: trunk release cable alfa-digest V7 #190

Not much help now but a preventative for the future:

I ran a second cable from the trunk release mechanism to come out in the
area covered by the gas cap lid.  If (when) the trunk cable breaks, I
simply pop open the gas cap lid and pull on the safety cable opening the
trunk.

I have a similar cable as a safety for the gas cap lid with a second cable
running into the trunk. When the gas lid cable breaks, I'll open the trunk
and pull on the safety cable.  If both cables break at the same time--well,
then I'm up the creek....

I'd like to design a similar safety cable for the hood in case that cable
breaks, but I haven't exactly figgured out how to do that one yet.
======================

>Date: 22 Oct 98 11:53:14 CDT
>From: EllaGuru@domain.elided <EllaGuru@domain.elided>
>Subject: Trunk release cable snaps!
>
>I thought I posted this yesterday, but it didn't work for some reason.
>
>	I broke the trunk release cable yesterday while trying to open the trunk=
> of
>my '83 Spider. I am curious if there is a way to open the trunk with the =
>cable
>snapped, how much trouble replacing the cable is, and any tips you all mi=
>ght
>have about said cable replacement procedure. Your help will most likely b=
>appreciated greatly.
>
>Thank you for your time
>
>Gregory Scott, AKA 'Man who's head expanded'
>
>_
Timothy Leigh Rodgers

End of alfa-digest V7 #191