RE: Road-Rage Snippets

> This brings up a question: how is it that in the U.S., people in the fast
> lane on the freeway move over when someone comes up behind them going at a
> faster rate of speed....EXCEPT IN CA?  Is it our cultural and ethnic
> diversity influencing various drivers habits?  Is it we have a bunch of
> control freaks out here that have the need to control everything in their
> lives including traffic flow? I've driven in about 25 other
> states and this phenomenon ONLY HAPPENS HERE, in my experiences, anyway.
I >don't agree that
> people should be weaving through traffic, passing using the right and
middle
> lanes at excessive speeds. BUT...IMHO, if you're in the FAST LANE and
> someone get's on your ass, please move over. I do, even if I'm
> going 80 MPH and the guy behind wants to go 85.

it's not just california, it happens here in mass too.

i'll vote for the 'cultural diversity' theory.  my wife, who's not from
around here, had no idea that you shouldn't cruise in the left lane until i
told her.  she also doesn't think you need to waste time checking your
mirrors until it's time to turn..

since our driving education basically consists of differentiating red from
green, i'm not surprised that things are getting worse.  it was my parents
that taught me basic rules of politeness when driving, i suspect a lot of
people aren't getting that lesson nowadays.

to make things worse, the television networks seem to be caught up with the
road rage phenom.  they'll use their hidden camera's to show people
'forcing' somebody out of a lane, but won't even mention common courtesy.

i can assure you, having just traversed a whole bunch of states, that
oblivious drivers are everywhere.  they're not the ones that bother me, it's
the ones that deliberately go out of their way to get in your way.  i find
most of those have ny/nj plates.. ;)

bs