GTV6 hickupings......

Hi Gang!!!!

I just found out how dirty fuel lines can be.......
And how clogged they can become...

In GTV6 #3 they were (are still.....) clogged to the limit.
The vernix smell is disgusting......
The return lines to the tank were fully clogged.....

Once I redirected the return line to a jerrycan the car worked
wonderfully (for a car non-running for at least 3 years).

I removed the tank and to my surprise the return inlet to the tank was
clogged solid...... My advice is to all with hard starting and hard
running GTV6 is to check the return lines.......

I used injector cleaner (something made by Permatex I can't recall the
name) to clear some of the garbage inside the tank.
I am still work at cleanning the return inlet. I am preparing a setup to
run compressed air through the return inlet.

Also the GTV6 #2 had some problems until I replaced the fuel filter and
run a few tank fulls with the dreaded injector cleanning stuff...

Also and BTW, I always use leaded gas (even if the #3 used unleaded)
less crazy stuff in leaded gas.

Call me a gross poluter, and I'll tell you what a 50cc scooter is and
what they use to run and how many of those are around here.. (Well,
Bangkok is worst for sure but...)

Ciao for now

Paulo
in Macau (nearby HK)
PS: to all those gearheads: rear GTV6 brakes are also on other cars.
Mainly some SAABs. I just checked some today and found some of the
convertibles have them outboard. Next weekend I'll take a plunge at
buying some at the wreckers in HK.

End of alfa-digest V7 #179